You may wonder why this article about Emotions is here, but it makes a lot of sense. Due to coaching, it might happen that you dig so deep into your subconscious mind, that suppressed feelings come up. Therefore, it is important that you know what to do with them.
If we work one-on-one it’s obvious that I will be there to help you, but if you are on your own you like to know what to do.
If you search the Internet, you find lots of methods to handle your emotions. As there are so many methods, I will just share a few, which I experienced to be very helpful (I used them myself).
BTW, the external links provided below are none-affiliate links, which means I’m not an affiliate of them (thus I do not get any commission in case you buy anything on these websites).
First let’s take a look what we normally do with your emotions:
- Suppressing them
- Trying to escape them
- Expressing them
All the above doesn’t work, because you still have the emotion with you. On top of that, you also add energy to them. You may say that expressing your emotion is a relief.
Yes it might be for a short time, but then you are back even worse. And some emotions are not nice to express towards other people either. Thus expressing is not a solution.
Useful Methods to handle your emotions:
- Focus on your Breath
- Take a deep breath to relax into the feeling. And another one, and another one, until you feel calm.
- Letting your emotions go (various methods are available, search the web for more if you are interested)
- EFT™ – Emotional Freedom Techniques (tap away your emotions)
- TRE® – Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (shake away your emotions)
- Release Technique™ – structured and experiential method to let go of emotions.
As said, these are just a few, which I tried myself and found they work. Of course, I have my preference, but you need to find your own.